Plein Air/Outdoor Painting Watercolor Workshop
Cape Cod : June 23, 24, 25 2021 Wednesday-Friday.
Contact Christine (info below) at the Cotuit Center for the Arts and register for the workshop 2021. She handles all registrations.
This is a chance to learn the skills of painting while soaking in the beautiful surroundings of Cape Cod. Doris Rice, experienced plein air (outdoor) watercolorist, will guide you to a full painting experience. Learn the steps to success!
- Time: 10:00 am gather, finish after critique, 4:00 pm…..bring a bag lunch
- Location: : Meet at the Cotuit Center for the Arts, Day #1.
- Meet on location as we make the plan, day 2, 3
- Location of Cotuit Center for the Arts: 4404 Falmouth Road Cotuit, MA 02635
- We’ll gather and have a basic introduction then move along to the painting location. We will be working outside on location for the day, as long as it is clement. Inside at Cotuit Center if windy of rainy.
- Location is selected by the weather of the day, be it very sunny, a bit windy, overcast…..we’ll plan accordingly. We do have that studio space available at The Center if needed.
To register, or for cost/detailing info:
email firstname.lastname@example.org Christine Ernst, Education Director
Bring your own painting setup: palette, paints, brushes, water dish, paper towels, masking tape, sketchbook and pencil, Sharpie (ultra fine point), Rag watercolor paper, backer board….easel if you have one. If you have no supplies, contact Doris for a loaner kit, $12 fee/for all 3 days….. and to borrow easel [at no charge, as long as I have one for you]
The General Workshop list is available under classes on DorisRice.com website. [If you are already a watercolor painter, bring your own choice of materials.] Easels are suggested but not mandatory.
Email Doris: email@example.com