Plein Air/Outdoor Painting Watercolor Workshop
Seacoast New Hampshire & Maine
Monday through Friday, August 17 to 21, 2020
Watercolor in Portsmouth NH and along the coast of Maine! Come with me to paint the many faces of the Seacoast. We will be working plein air in different locations, for 5 days. Thursday thru Monday. What and where shall we paint? There is so much to see! Each year we explore another facet of our own wonderful New England coast. The challenge is to create a vision of the locale, and keep it new, fresh! Come and explore !
Schedule of locations : Lunches provided.
- Day 1, 8/15 Thursday, Exeter NH. Swazey Parkway, 11-5:00 or 6. ….water view…with an afternoon session of line drawings and color wash right there at the Exeter Farmers Market. Park off Water St, or behind St Anthony’s in the large lot there. Porta potties available.
- Friday: Day 2, 8/16 9 am St Andrews by the Sea, 30 Church Rd, Rye NH, Map on their web site. start 9 am till 3-4. Restroom available.
- Saturday: Day 3, 8/17 9 am…. Update: Four Tree Island in Portsmouth. Cross the bridge by Prescott Park toward commercial fish pier. Park free off to the Left. Walk out the causeway to the covered shelters. Yes, bathrooms on 4 Tree Island.
- Sunday, Day 4, 8/18 Start 10 am…. Odiorne Point State Park. Should be ok weather. Rest rooms available.
- Monday, Day 5, 8/19 Victoria Inn, 430 High Street, Hampton NH . Website available. Beautiful White Victorian building……nice gardens. Setup at 9….till 3-4.
- (check with Doris: email email@example.com or cell 603-724-7779 for daily updates.) For planning the lunches, Doris needs a head count, so please RSVP with your day/days that you would like to attend. Thanks!
- We will gather mornings on location, set up, watch Doris demonstrate showing the theme for the day, then paint with guidance, or…total abandon, if you wish!.
- Lunch break ( lunch on me!…just bring water or cold drink) …more painting time and then an eye opening critique on the day’s efforts. Learn your strengths and where to improve. This is one of the highlights of the day!
- We then wrap up after crit, usually 3:30-4, but more like 5-6 on day one, due to late start.
- Cost for the workshop: $400 for 5 days or $85 per individual day.
- Hold your place and get on the daily schedule with $85 deposit. ($25 non refundable). Let me know your proposed dates for attendance.
- Materials listed under classes on web site….let Doris know if you need paper (100% rag 140 lb cold press @5.00 sheet 22 x 30) or need to rent supplies.
A General Workshop list is on line under classes. If you are already a watercolor painter, bring your own choice of materials. Easels are suggested, but not mandatory. Stool if you with to sit, but there are always benches around….Squeeze paint before coming to location. Saves carrying tubes. Water is available most days, but I suggest carrying in water on Day 1, Thurs. Carts with wheels ok for all of these locations…..or pack your supplies in a tote for easy carrying.
Need more info?
Email Doris: firstname.lastname@example.org