Plein Air/Outdoor Painting Watercolor Workshop
Seacoast New Hampshire & Maine
Thursday through Monday, August 19 to 23, 2021
Come with me to paint the many faces of the Seacoast. We will be working plein air in different locations, for 5 days. Thursday through Monday. What and where shall we paint? There is so much to see! Each year we explore another facet of our own wonderful New England coast. The challenge is to create a vision of the locale, and keep it new, fresh! Come and explore !
Locations to be decided on weather conditions, ease of parking, facilities, etc.
Proposed locations will be suggested, but possibly changes might be made with weather in mind. Sorry, but I cannot bring to you my very fun (fun for me to make!) lunches/salads and wraps, etc…..it is not wise in this Covid time. Come with your own bag lunch or inquire about take out locations.
And so on. Lots more info to come, including suggested locations.
Check with Doris: email email@example.com or cell 603-724-7779 for daily updates and to RSVP with your day/days that you would like to attend. Thanks!
- We will gather mornings on location, 9 or 9:30, set up, watch Doris demonstrate showing the theme for the day, then paint with guidance, or…total abandon, if you wish!.
- Lunch break. Due to Covid restrictions this year, Doris will not provide lunches. Please come prepared with your own.…Then…..more painting time and break at 2:30-3 for an eye opening critique on the day’s efforts. Learn your strengths and where to improve. This is one of the highlights of the day!
- We wrap up after critique/evaluation, usually 3:30-4:00.
- Cost for the workshop: $400 for 5 days or $85 per individual day.
- Hold your place and get on the daily schedule with $85 deposit. ($25 non refundable). Let me know your proposed dates for attendance.
- Materials listed under classes on web site. Let Doris know if you need paper (100% rag 140 lb cold press @5.00 sheet 22 x 30) or need to rent supplies.
A General Workshop list is on line under classes. If you are already a watercolor painter, bring your own choice of materials. Easels are suggested, but not mandatory. Stool if you with to sit, but there are always benches around….Squeeze paint before coming to location. Saves carrying tubes. Water is available most days, but I suggest carrying in water in a plastic bottle. Carts with wheels ok for all of these locations…..or pack your supplies in a tote for easy carrying.
Need more info?
Email Doris: firstname.lastname@example.org