Greeting Card/Mini Painting Workshop
November 12, 2022; 9:30am- 3:30, (then cleanup)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
This day is a BLAST! We create many card images while learning the properties of Watercolor as a medium!
Set up 9:00 at the First United Methodist Church, 129 Miller Ave, Portsmouth, NH …..plenty of parking. Class 9:30-3:30.
- Follow Covid Guidelines, Portsmouth, NH. Wear a mask, maintain social distance. Sanitize tables on setup and close down. Thank you.
- Create a Greeting Card that you could actually publish for your 2022 mailing!
- A full day of experimenting with many techniques, and there are MANY!
- Achieve new skills, share technical info as to how to get painting reproduced!
- Have fun learning! Share lunch time and good vibes!
- No experience necessary, just arrive and play. Talk to Doris if you need loaner watercolor materials.
Contact Doris to sign up. 724-7779 or online www.dorisrice.com. Cost for the class: $75. Please prepay to Doris Rice, 155 Atlantic Ave., North Hampton, NH 03862, check or Venmo/ Doris-rice-1. Class limited….sign up by sending YES, to Doris : email: [email protected] Once paid, you are guaranteed a place. In the case of Cancellation, 4 weeks ahead, fee returned minus $25 fee. No refunds after that date.
Recommended, but not mandatory requirements. Bring your own watercolor paints, assorted 140 pound watercolor papers (rag and paper pulp to experiment), brushes, pencils, eraser, masking fluid (Doris might have extra bottles if needed, send an email if you’d like the masking fluid in small bottle w brush, $7 approx.) and rubber cement pickup, masking tape (1/2″ and or 1/4″), water dish, ruler, waterproof backer board for mounting the wc paper as we are working, Sharpies or Pigma/Micron pens (permanent markers, black ( ultra fine or .05 or .08 recommended sizes).. Materials for ‘Finish ideas’: glitter glue/metallic markers, glue, markers, etc for misc decorative detailing. For card making: double sided tape (Scotch or other brands), box of Strathmore type blank cards with envelopes for mounting original works, sample other envelope sizes for measuring…. Get creative and bring any other ideas for materials?
An Apron is always handy.
Doris will bring paper cutter, sample envelope sizes…..and some materials to share.
Bring your own lunch and drink.