Plein Air/Outdoor Painting Workshop
Tenuta di Spannocchia, Tuscany
September 28 through October 5, 2023 , 7 nights, Thursday to Thursday
Come join me for an amazing painting adventure in beautiful Tuscany! We will work on location, learning the fundamentals of watercolor and capturing the many moods of Spannocchia. We will have a grounds tour, where our hosts will introduce us to the facilities as well as the wonderful work that the organic, historic gardeners are dedicated to.This is a ‘destination vacation’ where you will soak up the culture, the food, the historic surroundings as you work on your skill development with painting in watercolor! Tours of vineyards, wine making, cooking Tuscan style, heritage gardens, heritage line of pigs and the famous proscuitto….all at your fingertips.
Look up on line for a peek at: www.Spannocchia.org and www.Spannocchia.com, A beautiful 1100 heritage farm estate in the hills of Tuscany, southwest of the medieval city of Siena. Accommodations in the Castello (Villa). Enjoy authentic, organic Tuscan meals, 3 meals per day, meals/wine included. Spannocchia’s own olive oil. Available to painters and their guests.
(Estimated costs for 2022/euro exchange rate varies).
- Artist Workshop fee: $450.00, Companion or Non-painter fee: $300.00
- Workshop Fees refundable by 8/1/22 minus $50 handling fee.
- Spannocchia fees refundable according to their policy.
- Spannocchia membership fee: $45 per person or $70 per family
- Room and board (for week): inquire for rates according to currency exchange. Private Bathrooms with Villa rooms. Double or single.
- All meals and wine included…..the food is locally raised and grown….wine and olive oil from the estate.
- Auto rental and travel costs not included.
Previous painting experience is not necessary. You can acquire skills as you paint! The lessons will include a daily demonstration, painting lesson: ‘subject of the day’ and an evaluation/critique each afternoon. We can travel into nearby Siena and any other agreed upon local areas for day or ½ day painting explorations. You will complete at least one work each day, and maybe a few!
Preferred method of contact: email